Prices listed are Google’s estimations. Actual cost per day will depend on the room and may be different during the festival weekend.
- Hyatt Place: $99 with UMW discount, and located right across the street from campus. We have a block of 40 rooms reserved for the weekend of EABD. 1241 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, Virginia, phone: (540) 654-3333
- Best Western Fredericksburg: $79. Close to 95, the best Goodwill, and several fast food restaurants. 2205 Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22401, phone: (540) 371-5050
- Quality Inn Fredericksburg: $65. Close to the above Best Western. 2310 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA, 22401, phone: (540) 371-0330
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg: $109. 15 minute drive from campus, but next to Wegman’s (great beer selection). There are two other hotels (Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg, $104 and Homewood Suites by Hilton, $169) in the same area. 1080 Hospitality Ln, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Courtyard Marriott Downtown Fredericksburg: $129. Downtown, near the train station. 620 Caroline St, Fredericksburg, VA 22401, phone: (540) 373-8300
In addition to the hotels listed below, there are several inns/B&Bs in the area that are noted on the map. They tend to be pricier, but some have good deals on smaller rooms.
Food and Beverage – Venue Adjacent
These dining options may be found along College Avenue and in the Eagle Village shopping center, where the Hyatt Place is located; each are within a 10 minute walk from both day time concert venues!
- Allman’s BBQ – Good, local barbecue! Small, cosy, some of the best pulled pork sandwiches in Fredericksburg. 1299 Jefferson Davis Highway
- Blackstone Coffee – Great place for a coffee pick-me-up, tea, hot chocolate, and delicious apple cider along with fresh-made sandwiches and baked goods. 1113 Jefferson Davis Highway with a second location immediately adjacent to the Convergence Center
- The General Store – The annual host of EABD’s Thursday night dinner, they serve everything from American and Italian food to Mexican and Greek. Local beer, friendly atmosphere. Situated right across from Dupont Hall. 2018 College Ave
- Home Team Grill – Sports bar located across campus on Jefferson Davis Highway. Serves great All-American food – burgers, wings, and sandwiches. They also have several beers on tap, and you can watch games on one of their many television sets.
- Kumo Sushi – Affordable Japanese fare, including a $20 all-you-can-eat sushi/kitchen menu that is not to be missed! A short walk from both day time music venues. 1251 Jefferson Davis Highway
- Miso – pan-Asian restaurant with a good and inexpensive sushi/bento lunch special. On the other side of route 1 from the campus, near Allman’s. 1305 Jefferson Davis Highway
- Parthenon Restaurant – delicious, medium-priced mediterranean cuisine. Towards the back of the same cluster of shops as Allman’s and Miso. 2024 Augustine Avenue
Food and Beverage – Downtown Fredericksburg
These options are found within historic Downtown Fredericksburg, which is a half hour walk from either of the daytime concert venues. Dine here while soaking up history!
- 25/30 Espresso – Immediately around the corner from the train station, a hyper-quaint cafe that prides itself on its well trained baristas, specializing in single origin coffee and quality espresso drinks. Serves coffee from Counter Culture Coffee and Reanimator Coffee Roasters. 400 Princess Anne Street
- Agora Downtown Coffee Shop – Super cozy and friendly coffee shop with light fare and baked goods. 520 Caroline Street
- Benny Vitali’s – Small chain specializing in gigantic single slices of pizza and a minimal menu. Open until 2am Friday and Saturday. 722 Caroline Street
- Capital Ale House – For the beer geek, a place to enjoy brews by all the major players both on draft and from the bottle. 917 Caroline Street
- Castiglias – Italian restaurant located in Downtown Fredericksburg. Brick oven pizzas, sandwiches, and great pasta dishes paired with an extensive wine selection makes for a great stop for dinner. 324 William Street
- Foode – Enjoy local and in-season foods with a different menu every week! Very casual atmosphere, unique and excellently-made cuisine. Foods range from Greek to southern, to Italian and American. Local beers and exotic wines are also readily available! 900 Caroline Street
- Hunan Garden – Excellent Chinese food with affordable lunch specials and large portions. A takeout favorite for UMW students! 209 William St.
- J. Brian’s Tap Room – Both restaurant and bar. Great specials and sandwiches, best Guinness pour according to Mark, and fantastic Black & Tans. 200 Hanover Street
- Legume – Formerly an Irish pub that once hosted a 2013 EABD after hours concert, now a bleeding edge vegetarian/vegan experience with piscetarian options. 715 Caroline Street
- Red Dragon Brewery – A brand new microbrewery, located in the Old Mill District of Fredericksburg, just a 10 minute walk from the heart of downtown. Dining is a work in progress, but it is a calm place to meet for a pint. Last call at 9:30pm Friday and Saturday. 1419 Princess Anne Street
- Spencer Devon Brewing – Local gastropub and brewery opened in 2015. Great beer & intricate farm-to-table offerings. Open until 11pm Friday and Saturday. 106 George Street
- Sunken Well Tavern – Favorite local haunt for some of the tastiest lunch sandwiches and the most thought out dinner specials. Gastronomy without the alienation! 72o Littlepage Street
- Vivify Burger Lounge – Burgers, hotdogs, milkshakes, and cocktail bar with a farm-to-table spin and vegetarian options. Open until 1am Friday and Saturday. 314 William Street
Other options: Bangkok Cafe (Thai), Guru (Indian), Fortune Gourmet (Chinese), 2400 Diner (American/Greek)
Food and Beverage – In The Area
Here are notable restaurants that can be found either within a 15 minute drive from campus, or on the way to town from the Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites mentioned above.
- Peter Chang’s – Not your average American Chinese takeout, storied chef Peter Chang has elevated all of the usual favorites into something worth sitting down for. 1771 Carl D Silver Parkway
- Taj Indian Cuisine – Affordably priced all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, sure to satisfy meat eaters and vegetarians alike. 2032 Plank Road
Other options: Guru (Indian), Tarntip Thai (Thai)